No-Cost Coverage to Apprentice Members:
Loss of License Insurance
- $1,200 monthly benefits purchased for the first-time Apprentice member by the Association during the apprentice period.
- For additional coverage purchased by first-time Apprentice members, reduced rates apply during the apprentice period and for up to two years after transfer to Active membership.
Lump sum Loss of License Insurance
- $25,000 lump-sum coverage purchased for the first-time Apprentice member by the Plan during the apprentice period.
- Additional coverage can be requested by application, in $25,000 increments from $25,000 to $150,000, to a maximum of 2.5 times salary.
Group Term Life Insurance
- A $10,000 certificate is provided, at no cost, to the first-time Apprentice member during the apprentice period.
- Additional benefits for first-time Apprentice members, for up to the first two years of contributory coverage, are billed at a reduced rate.